Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

CE Jan/Feb 2012 Meal Plan Week 1 Review: Some fabulous & delicious meals this week with lots of, as my sons calls them, "make again" recipes. The Grean Bean &Potato Salad was a huge success- hot or cold. The Sardine & Spinach Salad was surprisingly good. (CK had 2 helpings). The Thyme Lentil Salad was delicious as was the Friday Snack 2 of lentils, bell pepper and hummus. The Chopped Chix Salad with cabbage and carrots was a surprise-so simple but good and got quite a bit of attention in the lunch room. Also the Shrimp Salad was surprisingly good- I used Greek yogurt & ketchup instead of horseradish. I used smoked salmon instead of pouched for the Sat. breakfast-yummo! The Chix and Mushroom Stir-Fry was also hearty and yummy. I had a hard time with all the egg breakfasts just because the involve too many steps and my limit in the morning is pouring a bowl of cereal and milk. I'm also surprised I didn't get sick of the rice cakes and but butters. But the lavish bread has to go- I'm subbing a yummier flatbread and I'm forgoing pita this round (hate it!) and use tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment