Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Making the numbers work. So I feel a little lost without my CE Meal Plan. I'm looking for an on my own strategy that doesn't have Hours of planning involved. I found a list/formula at the back of the Eat Clean Diet Favorites and translated it to a workable menu for me. The daily breakdown:
 2-4 starchy carbs (whole grains like oatmeal, bread, bulgur, quinoa & veggies like sweet potato, carrots, bananas, beans, lentils) some of which double for protein. Translation: 1-meal + a banana.
4-6 veggie/fruit carbs: spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, cucumbers, etc. & apples,berries, melons, citrus, pears etc. Translation: 2 fruits for snacks, and 2 veggies at lunch and dinner. CE Menu Plans have more like 6-7 veggie, so I'll aim for a few veggie omletes thru the week and mastering those lunch salads.
5-6 lean proteins like chicken breast, beef & pork tenderlion, yogurt, beans, nut butters, eggs, tempeh. Translation: 1/meal&snack
A few Tablespoon size healthy fats like avocado, flaxseed, nuts, nut/seed/olive oils. (Nut butters were not on her list but I would put them here) Translation: (this one was hard) I love my fats with my veggies so I'd say lunch and dinner. But peanut/almond butter is an easy way to sneak protein into breakfast or snack, but ill try to limit it. 
So my ideal day would be
B:Kashi cereal with blueberries and milk or oatmeal with raisins and walnuts

S1:Greek yogurt with apples and cinammon or cottage cheese w/fruit 

Lunch: Salad with grain and meat like Chicken spinach orzo salad or sandwich salad where up chop up a bread for croutons and pile deli meat on leafy greens with tomato, bell pepper and cucumber- drizzle both with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar

S2:(pre-work out) banana & PB or protein shake w/ banana

D: lean meat with potato, rice or pasta, steamed or roasted veggie, and side salad or leftover casserole where u throw it all (above) together-like shepards pie.

S3: if I am still hungry (which I always am), a small handful of almonds

Somebody check my math- how did I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment